15 December 2023
08 January 2024
35, 21 or 17.5 hours per week
£23,000 per year, full time equivalent
Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind – peer support workers
Are you a skilled and experienced mental health professional with a passion for making a positive impact in the world?
Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind are seeking Peer Support Workers to help shape local mental health services within Swindon and beyond. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of a passionate and dedicated community of mental health professionals who are committed to offering accessible, responsive, and inclusive mental health support our local areas.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Draw from your own experiences to offer support and understanding to others
- Encourage, inspire, and motivate people who access the service to help them with their mental health and wellbeing
We're looking for someone with:
- Relevant experience of providing support to individuals with mental health needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (listening, written and verbal)
- Ability to engage and motivate individuals accessing support and act calmly in emergencies, responding in a professional manner to stressful and challenging situations
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind website.