24 February 2024
28 February 2024
10 hours per month
A mix between south east London and remote
South east London Mind – treasurer
We're looking for an honorary treasurer to monitor the charity's financial matters. You'll report to the Board of Trustees about the financial health of the organisation.
What you'll do
- Work with the director of finance and resources to oversee the charity's finances
- Chair the Finance and General Purposes sub-committee
- Guide and advise the Board about budget setting and managing accounts and financial statements, using the relevant financial policy framework
- Advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Make sure the organisation's financial resources meet its present and future needs
- Make sure there's an appropriate reserves policy
We're looking for a qualified finance professional with experience of chairing meetings.
- Have communication skills
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Be able to analyse information effectively and challenge appropriately
- Have a good understanding of the diverse local communities in south east London
- Have a professional accounting qualification, with experience working as a finance professional
- Have an an understanding of charity accounting
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the South East London Mind website.