20 August 2023
Voluntary role (unpaid)
Scarborough, Whitby and Rydale
Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale Mind – trustees
Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale Mind (SWR Mind) are looking for a number of trustees to:
- Provide strategic skills
- Offer insight and advice
- Ensure good governance of the organisation
We're looking for people who are committed and willing to devote time and effort.
You'll have a strategic vision, with good, independent judgement, leadership skills and the ability to speak your mind. You'll think creatively, and work effectively as a member of a team.
Ideally you'll have an awareness of mental health issues, and an understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Set clear aims and objectives
- Establish priorities
- Safeguard money, property, equipment and human resources
- Ensure SWR Mind complies with charity law, company law and other relevant regulations
- Contribute actively to the Board, giving firm strategic direction to the senior management team, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Maintain the good name, culture and ethos of SWR Mind
- Oversee the financial stability of SWR Mind
- Protect the property of the charity
- Ensure charity funds are properly invested
We want to hear from you if you have experience of:
- Setting targets
- Evaluating performance and programmes
- Charity or company law
We'd also like to hear from you if you have experience in one of these areas:
- Recruitment and people management with knowledge of employment legislation
- Public relations
- Marketing or social media
- Information technology
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.