17 July 2023
37.5 hours per week
£28,000-29,000 per year
Richmond Borough Mind – senior peer support worker and team supervisor
About the role
Richmond Borough Mind is a vibrant local charity that has been running services for adults affected by mental health problems and their carers for over 60 years.
We're looking for a senior peer support worker and team supervisor to join our adults peer support team.
You'll work with 2 other senior peer support worker and team supervisors. One will be based in the carers team with Richmond Borough Mind and the other will be based at Age UK, supporting older adults.
You'll have your own personal story of mental health issues and you'll use that lived experience, as well as your professional skills and knowledge, to support others.
The senior peer support worker and team supervisor will support the launch of the Richmond Peer Support initiative.
- Develop relationships with professional and voluntary organisations to help with referrals and signposting
- Lead a small team
- Manage your own caseload
- Deliver a wide range of support and person-centred interventions, including peer-led interventions, group support, one to one interventions and signposting
- Manage a peer support worker for adults and a peer support worker for young adults, who will each have their own caseload
- Maintain regular contact with a peer support worker for neurodiversity and disability based at Richmond Aid
We're looking for people who are:
- Passionate about motivating and coaching people with mental health issues
- Able to support people on their journey to recovery
- Empathetic to the core values of Richmond Borough Mind
- Experienced in providing person-centred support through one to one sessions and through facilitating groups
- Aware of the boundaries we work within when supporting vulnerable adults
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Able to work on their own initiative
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.