06 September 2023
Fixed term until 31 March 2025
£25,000 - £26,500 per year dependent on experience
Richmond, Twickenham and Kingston
Richmond Borough Mind – peer support workers
We're looking for 2 peer support workers to support adults and young adults. You'll have your own lived experience of mental health issues, and you'll be able to use this experience, along with your professional skills and knowledge, to support others.
You'll be supported by Richmond Borough Mind's senior peer support workers, and the peer support coordinator in South West London St George’s Mental Health Trust (SWLStG). You'll get comprehensive training and clinical supervision.
We're expanding our work in this area, and we're aiming to:
- Reduce waiting times
- Reduce the number of people going into crisis
- Address inequalities
- Support transitions from youth to adult services
- Offer holistic and personalised care to service users
Each role will have its own caseload and you'll deliver a range of person-centred interventions to meet people's needs. This could include group support, one-to-one interventions and signposting.
Referrals could be young adults, care leavers, people using adult mental health services, or carers supporting people in the community.
We're looking for applicants who are:
- Passionate about motivating and coaching people with mental health issues
- Able to support people on their journey to recovery
- Empathetic with the core values of Richmond Borough Mind
- Able to provide person-centred support through one-to-one sessions and group sessions
- Aware of the boundaries when supporting vulnerable adults
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Able to work on their own initiative
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.