10 July 2023
22.5 hours per week
two days and one evening
£25,000-26,500 per annum (pro rata)
dependent on experience
Bethlem Royal Hospital, Beckenham
Richmond Borough Mind - Peer Outreach Crisis Prevention Worker
About the role
Richmond Borough Mind is a vibrant local charity that has been providing support for people affected by mental health problems and their carers for over 60 years.
The Peer Outreach Crisis Prevention Worker will work alongside our Journey Recovery Hub crisis service, offering support to people in crisis in the Richmond and Kingston community.
The role will focus on those less heard from groups (BAME, LGBTQ+), helping them access crisis support services. The role will seek to create networks with clinical teams, including the hospital discharge teams, to help prevent relapse and crisis.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has lived experience of belonging to a less heard from group or of mental ill health
- Can use their experiences to support people experiencing a mental health crisis and help them build resilience to prevent a crisis from occurring
- Has an empathy with the core values of Richmond Borough Mind
- Has the skills to effectively and safely manage risk
- Is an excellent communicator
- Can develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Has experience of delivering supportive interventions through 1-2-1 sessions and facilitating groups
Richmond Borough Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly individuals with lived experience of mental health problems.
Successful candidates will need to complete an Enhanced DBS check.
Benefits of working for Richmond Borough Mind
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays per year, increasing by 1 day per full year of service (up to a maximum of 30 days)
- Bonus 1 day of annual leave per year over the festive period
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Staff away days and socials
- Access to shared resources and training opportunities via Mind Federated Network
How to apply
For more information on how to apply for this post, please visit Richmond Borough Mind's website.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for the week commencing Monday 17 July.