05 July 2023
10 July 2023
£15-£18 per hour
(Dependent on experience)
(With some travel across the borough)
Richmond Borough Mind - Mental Health Trainer (Sessional)
About the role
If you’re passionate about mental health, creating greater understanding and reducing stigma through delivering impactful and engaging training, we would love to hear from you.
It's Richmond Borough Mind's objective to increase awareness, knowledge and skills on a range of mental health topics in adults and young people. The training offer includes:
- Online and face-to-face workshops
- Bespoke training sessions
- Mental Health First Aid courses
You will be working flexible hours, as and when required alongside other experienced trainers.
The successful candidate could come from a variety of backgrounds, but are likely to:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have considerable experience in social care, mental health, education, youth work, or a corporate environment
- Have an understanding of workplace wellbeing
- Have a strong track record of designing and delivering training, both face-to-face and remotely (using Microsoft Teams and/or Zoom)
We would particularly like to hear from you if you have experience delivering training in any of the following areas:
- Resilience (individual or at work)
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Managing stress or anxiety
- Mental Health Awareness
- Mental Health First Aid
- Suicide risk awareness and intervention
- Professional boundaries
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Trauma-focused practice
- Perinatal mental health
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
Richmond Borough Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly individuals with lived experience of mental health problems.
Hours of work
The successful candidate will work on a freelance basis, doing approximately 3-4 sessions per month. Hours are dependent on requirements and based on mutual agreement with the Richmond Borough Mind Training Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of their own Public Liability Insurance (self-funded) and to complete paperwork to become a subcontractor of Richmond Borough Mind.
How to apply
Please apply online via Charity Job
Closing date: 9.00am, Wednesday 5 July, 2023
Interview date: Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place the week commencing Monday 10 July.