12 November 2023
20 November 2023
Fixed term contract (1 year)
30 hours per week
£25,000 - £26,906 per year (pro rata)
Oxfordshire Mind – wellbeing worker: physical health and wellbeing
People with severe mental illness (SMI) face stark health inequalities and are less likely to have their physical health needs met. Ambitious goals to improve mental health services have been set nationally as part of the NHS Long Term Plan. This includes a plan to increase the number of people receiving physical health checks (PHCs) per year.
In this role, you'll help to provide comprehensive annual PHCs and follow-up interventions. By doing that, you can help to address this inequality faced by people with SMI.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Deliver physical health checks for people on the SMI register
- Support people who struggle with motivation to engage in having a physical health check
- Provide support to service users to encourage and support them to make positive lifestyle changes
- Provide education around the importance of physical health checks to service users
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on databases
We're looking for someone who's:
- Open – Are you open to help people realise their potential?
- Together – Are you a team player?
- Responsive – Are you a good listener?
- Independent – Do you have the confidence to speak out fearlessly?
- Unstoppable – Do you have a positive, never give up attitude?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Oxfordshire Mind website.