31 August 2023
06 September 2023
35 hours a week
£31,902 - £34,335 Dependant on Skills, Experience & Knowledge +33% of basic hourly rate for working between 8pm and 6am weekdays. +50% of basic hourly rate for working over weekends and bank holidays.
Oxfordshire Mind – wellbeing manager
About the role
Are you passionate about supporting those in mental health crisis, with experience in management?
At Oxfordshire Safe Haven we provide non-clinical support to people in mental health crisis. Face-to-face and over the phone, we offer de-escalation, distraction and empathetic crisis support to anyone in the county.
We're looking for a caring, experienced, and passionate individual to form part of our management team.
The work will be a mixture of leading shifts and managing deputies and frontline workers.
In the role, you will:
- Recruit, manage, supervise, and develop staff to achieve their full potential
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to staff making complex day-to-day decisions
- Lead the resourcing, administration and safe day to day running of the team and project
- Produce accurate, timely and impactful reports
- Oversee the project budget to ensure finances are managed responsibly
- Work with colleagues, partner organisations and professional agencies to improve and develop effective support for service users
- Keep up to date with the services offered by Oxfordshire Mind and local mental health services
- Do regular risk assessments and take appropriate and timely actions to mitigate and manage risks
- Help develop the wellbeing service
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health issues and the needs of people living with mental health problems
- Knowledge of good practice in safeguarding
- Experience in leadership or management
- Experience of external networking and internal collaboration with colleagues
- Experience of managing risk
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-awareness and an ability to reflect and learn from your experiences
- An ability to work well as part of a team and on your own
- Effective organisational, planning, admin and IT skills
How to apply
For more information on the role and job description, click apply now at the top of this page.