15 October 2023
28–35 hours per week
£27,376–£29,463 per year (pro rata)
Oxfordshire Mind – wellbeing deputy manager: safe haven
The Safe Haven Deputy Manager’s role is to be part of the Safe Haven management team and jointly ensure effective delivery of high-quality service for adults experiencing mental health crisis in Oxfordshire.
The post holder will be required to independently lead a safe and effective shift and offer crisis mental health support for people presenting in mental health crisis.
What you'll do
In this role youll:
- Support the team manager in the resourcing, administration and safe day to day running of the team and project
- Effectively lead, supervise and develop staff to achieve their full potential
- Lead an effective and safe shift across multiple locations
- Provide guidance and support to staff
- Provide person-centred, short-term, one-to-one support and group distraction activities for people experiencing mental health crisis
- Conduct regular, dynamic risk assessments and respond with appropriate interventions for service users who present in crisis and/or at high risk of harm
- Identify when escalating risks is essential and when it's important to support and empower service users to manage their own risks
We're looking for someone who shares our values:
- Open – Are you open to help people realise their potential?
- Together – Are you a team player?
- Responsive – Are you a good listener?
- Independent – Do you have the confidence to speak out fearlessly?
- Unstoppable – Do you have a positive, never give up attitude?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Oxfordshire Mind website.