29 September 2023
12 October 2023
Fixed Term Contract (2 years)
18.7 hours per year
£25,000 - £26,906 per year (pro rata)
Reading with occasional travel across BOB
Oxfordshire Mind – Supported Self-Help Practitioner
Supported Self-Help is an early Tier 1 intervention service. Aimed at supporting people with low to moderate mental health needs.
The service aims to provide timely mental health support for people who do not meet the threshold for NHS Talking Therapies.
By offering people access to support at an early stage, supported self-help can help prevent people's mental problems escalating. Improve their outcome, and help to reduce longer-term health service costs by limiting the need for more intensive interventions.
The service will have close links with existing services, including the Mind in Berkshire services and those run by NHS.
What you'll do
- To be responsible for client caseload of supported self-help clients
- To work with people to overcome early signs of mental health distress such as anxiety, depression and stress
- To follow a set programme based on cognitive behavioural approaches via facilitated self-help model
- To ensure all referrals go through digital platform and manage the CMS processes efficiently. To draw down referrals.
- To deliver an effective service to meet set local Mind Service Level Agreement targets
- To establish positive client engagement and input, as well as being involved in promoting general aspects of wellbeing.
- To maintain all required records of clients' personal data and wellbeing outcomes.
- To work as part of the local Mind therapeutic team, the organisation-wide team and as part of the programme delivery team across England, Wales and the Channel Islands.
- Open. Are you open to help people realise their potential?
- Together, Partnership. Are you a team player?
- Responsive. Are you a good listener?
- Independent. Do you have the confidence to speak out fearlessly?
- Unstoppable. Do you have a positive, never give up attitude?
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page.