24 October 2023
30 October 2023
37 hours per week
£25,000 - £26,906 per year
Oxfordshire Mind – physical health and wellbeing worker
The Keystone mental health and wellbeing programme is an exciting development which will see eight “drop-in” hubs open across the county. These will become the central nexus for mental health services and the critical link between GPs and mental health services.
Oxfordshire Mind is excited to be working in partnership with Oxford Health to introduce a Physical Activity and Wellbeing Worker who will be embedded within the hub team. You will work alongside clinicians and other services to deliver physical activity, health and wellbeing sessions both in Banbury and the local area for people with severe mental illness (SMI), such as psychosis and personality disorders.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Deliver options and wellbeing sessions to clients
- Act as a central point for physical activity referrals to and from GP surgeries to increase the uptake of physical health checks
- Promote physical activity to patients by developing personal activity plans
- Develop and deliver physical health training to other professionals within the hub
- Develop programmes and training in relation to physical health and physical activity that can be used as best practice in other hubs across Oxfordshire
We're looking for someone who is:
- Open: Are you open to help people realise their potential?
- Together: Are you a team player?
- Responsive: Are you a good listener?
- Independent: Do you have the confidence to speak out fearlessly?
- Unstoppable: Do you have a positive, never give up attitude?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Oxfordshire Mind website.