24 October 2023
30 October 2023
Fixed term to 31 March 2024
30 hours per week
£25,878 pro rata
Newport Mind – project worker: emotionally based school avoidance
The purpose of this role is to raise awareness of and provide support for children, young people and families who are affected by emotionally based school avoidance (EBSA). The post holder will co-produce, deliver and evaluate a support pathway for young people experiencing EBSA and provide information and support to their parents and caregivers.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Design, deliver and evaluate a hybrid model of one-to-one and group support for young people experiencing EBSA
- Deliver a face-to-face peer support group and virtual seminar once a month for parents and caregivers
- Recruit, train and manage a team of lived experience volunteers to support with the delivery of peer-support groups and raising awareness of EBSA.
- Work in partnership with key agencies and statutory bodies, providing reports on a local, regional and national level where required
- Work imaginatively and creatively with young people, volunteers, and school community members to co-produce and effectively achieve the objectives of the project
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience of providing mental health support to children, young people and families in one-to-one and group settings
- Experience of working creatively to design, develop, deliver and promote evidence-based programmes of support and resources
- Experience of implementing and integrating research, evaluation and monitoring systems and frameworks into working practice
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of working alongside educational systems and statutory support services, to support the mental health of children and young people
- Direct or indirect experience of mental health problems
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Newport Mind website.