27 September 2023
09 October 2023
37.5 per week
£25,147 per year plus £1258 fringe allowance
Mind in West Essex – Trainee Educational Mental Health Practitioner
This is a training role within the Green Paper for Transforming children and young people's mental health programmes.
The post holder will work within Mind in West Essex providing low intensity interventions whilst undertaking a programme of training for this role.
What you'll do
- Be educationally supervised, supported and assessed to deliver outcome focused, evidence-based interventions in educational settings for children and young people.
- Develop skills in supporting children and young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties, their parents/carers, families and educators in the self-management of presenting difficulties.
- Develop and practice evidence-based skills under supervisory support of working in partnership with children, young people, their families and educators. In the development of plans for specific intervention and agreeing outcomes.
- Develop and learn the skills required in order to enable children and young people in education. Where appropriate parents/carers to collaborate and co-produce their own agreed plan of care.
- Show evidence in a variety of forms that at all times assessment and intervention is provided from an inclusive values base. Which recognises and respects diversity.
- Discuss with supervisors and agree to accept appropriate referrals for children and young people in educational settings. According to agreed local and national and referrals routes, processes and procedures.
- Under supervision, undertake accurate assessments of risk to self and others.
- Where risk is identified to implement appropriate procedures to maintain safety
We would expect the post holder to have excellent communication skills. The desire to achieve positive outcomes and to have relevant entry-criteria as per the HEI (as per Essential Criteria below).
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page.