13 October 2023
30 October 2023
37.5 hours per week
£27,693–30,484 per year inclusive of Inner London Weighting
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge – welfare benefits and housing adviser
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge have been commissioned to deliver the Information and Co-Production – Connecting Communities service. This is an element of the larger Mental Health and Wellbeing Service in Tower Hamlets.
The post holder will be committed to supporting our clients through their recovery and developing greater resilience and wellbeing. This role will offer a personalised approach to accessing welfare- and housing-related advice and information, through casework, workshops and advice surgeries.
What you'll do
In this role you will:
- Provide one to one advice and support on welfare and housing matters for those with mental health needs
- Ensure that clients are receiving their correct entitlement to benefits
- Refer clients to statutory, legal or advice agencies where appropriate
- Facilitate and deliver workshops and group-based sessions
- Work with the Connecting Communities navigators to deal with enquiries and referrals
- Support the service to develop and grow through volunteering opportunities, partnership working and contribute to funding applications
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in health and social care or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of giving information and advice in welfare benefits and housing rights
- Experience of working within advice work protocols such as confidentiality, record keeping and case note recording in line with GDPR
- Experience of managing, supporting and training volunteers
- Experience of delivering workshops and presentations to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrable ability to engage with people from all backgrounds and a commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion practices.
It would be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation, rights and policies
- A qualification in Information, Advice and Guidance or a similar
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge website.