07 November 2023
13 November 2023
Fixed Term contract
37.5 hours per week
£27,815 per year
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge – peer project worker lead
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge (THNR) are looking for a peer project worker lead. To join and support the Redbridge peer worker team.
What you'll do
- Act as an ambassador and represent Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge.
- Promote and contribute to the development of Mind THNR's principles and policies.
- Attend appropriate internal, external training courses
- Contribute to the co-ordination, training and support volunteers as agreed with the CEO.
- Administrative tasks
We're looking for someone who:
- Has an NVQ level 3 or equivalent of literacy and numeracy
- Peer work qualification
- Lived experience of mental health service use
- Experience of working with people facing a range of barriers and social issues.
- Experience of supervising and supporting peer worker's lived mental health experience.
- Experience of safeguarding adults/children as well as identifying and managing risk.
- Experience of working with individuals and groups of people in different settings.
- Experience of working with a range of organisations to develop working relationships
- Ability to organise own workload and set priorities
- Ability to prepare data for the purpose on monitoring
- Knowledge of mental health issues and conditions
- Knowledge of the local area your service is in
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Understanding of peer support and personal recovery approaches
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to listen, influence and inspire
- High level of safe awareness
- Commitment to personal development
- A commitment to Equity, Equality and Delivery
- A willingness to adhere to MindTHNR mission and values.
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge website.