13 November 2023
23 November 2023
Fixed term until October 2026
37.5 hours per week
£27,693–£30,484 per year (including inner London weighting)
Mile End Hospital, Tower Hamlets
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge – independent mental health advocate
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge are looking to recruit a qualified Independent Mental Health Advocate to join our advocacy team based in Tower Hamlets.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Promote service users' self-advocacy
- Promote the integration of Independent Mental Health Advocacy and community advocacy within the mental health services
- Act on referrals received in accordance with the service remit, communicating with referrers as required to ensure the client’s rights under the relevant Acts are observed
- Ensure that clients' communication needs have been properly assessed, where possible communicate with the client to ascertain their views and wishes
- Carry a caseload and engage with service users, providing information and support on mental health and community care matters
- Ensure service users have access to the full range of information they need in order to be able to make informed choices about their care and to exercise their rights
- Provide information to ensure service users are aware of the roles and responsibilities of the professionals involved in their care
This role is suitable for someone who is passionate about working within the field of mental health, with a demonstrable and substantial experience of providing advocacy either in an in-patient or community setting.
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge website.