31 January 2024
Fixed term contract until end of May 2024
Part time, 15 hours per week
£14,887.71 per year including Inner London Weighting
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge – counselling coordinator
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge (MindTHNR) has a strong reputation for delivering good quality counselling services for over 20 years, achieving positive recovery outcomes.
This is a BACP accredited service and operates using a volunteer counselling placement model alongside paid clinical counselling staff, delivering bereavement counselling to adults living in Newham.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Complete, oversee and screen clinical counselling assessments and referrals
- Offer administrative and data support for the smooth running of the counselling services
- Give duty management to therapists in accordance with safeguarding policies and procedures
We're looking for someone with:
- Counselling or psychotherapy qualification to Advanced Diploma level or above
- Accredited membership or registration with any recognised professional body or prepared to work towards this within the first 6 months in post
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of providing psychological interventions for at least 1 year post qualification
- Experience of managing clients' risk to self/others and making onward referrals to secondary care services, crisis teams, CMHTs and safeguarding referrals
- Ability to guide others in conducting comprehensive risk assessments and onward referrals accordingly
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge website.