14 January 2024
Fixed term contract until end of March 2025
22.5 hours per week
Starting salary is £28,869.40 per year which equates to £11,547.76 per year at 15 hours per week
Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest – low intensity practitioner
This is an exciting opportunity at Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest to join our Psychological Therapies Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Service as a low intensity practitioner working primarily with the local African Caribbean Heritage (ACH) community.
The role will offer primarily group-based interventions, guided self-help, psychoeducational sessions, brief one to one interventions and supporting digital therapies. This is a part-time position where you can really make a difference to the outcomes in the lives of the Black, African and Caribbean communities.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Screen the suitability of clients for the Black, African and Caribbean Step 2 provision
- Deliver low intensity psychological therapy services for primarily Black, African and Caribbean clients which would include assessment, formulation, intervention, risk management and signposting on to other mental health services as appropriate
- Manage a caseload of clients for primarily group-based interventions as well as a smaller one-to-one short term offer
- Deliver psychoeducational groups and workshops
We're looking for someone with:
- The ability to motivate people to engage in self-help activities
- The ability to coordinate a blended team across three organisations ensuring excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to assess clients for suitability and make appropriate referrals when necessary
- Ability to identify and manage risk incidents
- Experience of delivering group-based interventions
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Mind in the City, Hackney and Waltham Forest website.