11 August 2023
Fixed term contract until March 2024
21 hours per week
£15,954.12 per year
Mind in Havering, Barking and Dagenham – Mums Matter project worker
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as part of our Mums Matter project in Havering.
The Mums Matter course is run by a project leader with the support of project workers.
The course gives a safe learning space for mums experiencing multiple and complex needs during the perinatal period (birth until the child’s third birthday).
The project will work with individual women, families and in-group settings throughout the perinatal period. You will:
- Do assessments of women’s needs, to include health, psychological and social needs
- Support women to engage with support services
- Work with women to develop, implement and review support plans based on their needs
- Promote positive health, mental health and wellbeing, and increase mother baby bonding
- Support women practically and emotionally
- Create a safe learning space in sessions
- Manage a caseload of assigned women
- Use data management systems
- Attend multi-agency meetings where appropriate
- Develop relationships with partner organisations to provide a co-ordinated multi agency response to women experiencing multiple and complex needs
- Empower mums
- Provide information and advice on self-care, infant care, initiating breastfeeding, health promotion, wellbeing and mental health
- Support within crèche where necessary
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.