28 August 2023
05 September 2023
£11.87 per hour rising to £12.63 after successful probationary period
Bradford district and Craven
Mind in Bradford – wellbeing practitioner
We're looking for wellbeing practitioners to work across multiple services.
This role is perfect for those with an empathetic, non-judgmental approach, and who are passionate about supporting people to create positive changes in their lives.
You'll need to be confident working both independently and as part of a team, and you'll be passionate about supporting others.
We have a variety of hours available and are looking for people who want to work part or full-time hours.
What you'll do
- Offer one-to-one telephone and face-to-face support to clients from a variety of backgrounds with different mental health problems
- Have a good understanding of support services across the district and signpost to relevant services
- Complete individual assessments and outcome measures with clients
- Develop client-centred support plans to help individuals stay well
- Record information electronically and maintain up to date client records
- Work effectively with co-workers
- Motivate and encourage clients to take steps to achieve positive change in their lives
- Have an understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A-C
- An understanding of the key issues in mental health and the potential challenges that people face
- A knowledge of relevant health and social care organisations across Bradford and Craven
- A knowledge of risk management and health and safety issues
- An understanding of safeguarding and good practice
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection
- Experience of working with children, young people or adults in health, social care or any other relevant setting (this can include voluntary experience)
- Experience of supporting people in a clear, meaningful and non-judgemental way
- To be experienced and confident in managing challenging situations, and recognising and responding to safeguarding concerns
- To have excellent communication and organisational skills, and be able to encourage and engage people to make positive changes in their lives
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Mind in Bradford website.