30 June 2023
10 July 2023
Mid and North East Essex Mind - Mental Health Crisis Service Manager
About the role
Do you love the feeling you get when you help someone who needs it during a crisis? If so, then working in the North East Essex Crisis Café is for you, because this is what you will be doing; changing lives every day.
Our hard working and experienced team is our greatest asset. We believe in having the best staff, trained highly, paid well and feeling valued. The quality-of-service provision is of paramount importance within our team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has management experience
- Is committed to ensuring the provision of effective, person-centred support during a mental health crisis
- Has experience supporting other members of staff and ensuring the effective running of services
- Is respectful and honest
- Can show empathy to others
- Has extensive experience supporting adults in the community
- Has experience working as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team, with knowledge of the local community and support available
Experience of working within Mental Health Services is an advantage.
We operate from 2 central locations, 1 in Colchester and 1 in Clacton. Our team of Support Workers are supported by the Service Manager and an NHS Mental Health Nurse. The Haven Project also forms part of the service, providing resilience workshops.
The Crisis Café follows Mid and North East Essex Mind’s values in everything it does. It offers a supportive, non-judgemental and empowering service that operates from 4pm to 11pm, 7 days a week (excluding Bank Holidays).
You would be supporting teams across both sites flexibly, including a mix of day and evening hours.
We are a real living wage employer. We offer our staff a range of health, wellbeing, lifestyle and financial benefits to ensure that we fully support our employees. This includes:
- 36 days holiday including 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Flexible/Agile working
- Competitive pension
- Company sick pay based on length of service and a charity worker discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual wellbeing day and an extended lunch break each week
- Expert supervision and peer support
- Recruitment referrals
- Training and development
- Onsite parking at most locations