04 September 2023
11 September 2023
To be discussed
None (expenses will be paid)
Hybrid, including Chorley, venues around Lancashire, and virtual meetings
Lancashire Mind – trustees
Lancashire Mind is an independent mental health charity. We reach more than 10,000 people each year. Our purpose is to support people in Lancashire to achieve the best mental health and wellbeing possible
We're looking for trustees who share our values and our passionate belief that prevention and resilience are the key to achieving mental wellbeing.
We encourage people with lived experience of mental health to take on leadership opportunities. This includes taking up positions on our board.
Who we're looking for
We recently conducted our annual trustee skills audit. As a result of the audit, we're now particularly looking for trustees with skills in:
- Marketing and communications
- HR and people
- Legal and compliance
- Business development or fundraising
- Clinical health or mental health systems
We also welcome applications from candidates who offer relevant skills which aren't listed above.
What you'll do
Lancashire Mind’s Board has 3 subcommittees. They oversee 3 different elements of governance:
- Finance and audit
- Sustainability and growth
- People and governance
We're looking for trustees to become chair for either the people and governance subcommittee or the sustainability and growth subcommittee.
The people and governance subcommittee oversees:
- Key areas of HR, including policy, board and staff performance, wellbeing and development
- Key areas of governance like safeguarding, information governance and health and safety
The sustainability and growth subcommittee oversee the delivery of our services. It:
- Manages the performance of our services
- Develops sustainable services, marketing and fundraising
- Increases opportunities for growth in sold services and business risk management
We make sure that trustees feel supported in their role. We offer mentoring to new trustees during their induction period.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page. You'll be taken to the Lancashire Mind website.