22 September 2023
37.5 hours per week, full time
£32,909 - £33,820 per year, depending on skills and experience
Kensington and Chelsea
Kensington and Chelsea Mind – Senior Peer Support Worker
We're looking for a Senior Peer Support Worker to join our established team. The Peer Support Service operates alongside other clinical and wellbeing services. To provide formalised peer support for people living with common and complex mental health needs.
What you'll do
The role involves experimental sharing, connecting relationships and community building. To deliver a range of peer support activities, including 1-2-1 peer support, peer support groups, trainings and workshops.
The successful candidate will have:
- Personal lived experience of recovery and living well with a mental health condition
- Knowledge of recovery focused approaches in mental health and trauma informed practice
- Proven leadership and supervisory and staff management experience
- Knowledge and experience of common and complex mental health conditions, including complex emotional needs and personality disorder
- Experience of working with diverse communities
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding procedures
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to use your own lived experience to inspire hope and recovery in others
- Ability to manage self-care
- Ability to plan and organise your own time and work
- Ability to facilitate online support face-to-face and using zoom or Teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page.