31 December 2023
7 hours per week minimum
North London Islington
Islington Mind – LGBTQIA+ Community-Led Projects Volunteers
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive volunteers to be part of Islington Mind's LGBTQIA+ community-led project. Supporting LGBTQ+ and LGBTQ+ asylum seekers and people with their mental health. You'll help us run our vibrant, diverse, and busy drop-in every Tuesday, taking on a variety of tasks based on your experience and interests.
What you'll do
You will be expected to:
- Support a variety of project areas, including socialising with clients in the drop-in space.
- Kitchen duties
- Facilitating groups (e.g. art, yoga, walking groups, inclusive gender-specific groups and creative writing).
- helping with house meetings
- Administrative support
- Fundraising research
- Plus many more
- Candidates need to commit to at least 12 months volunteering. 1 day a week with us (in addition to around 1-2 months for DBS check and induction).
- Candidate must identify as LGBTQI+ and have an interest in supporting a mental health-focused project.
- Working within a client-led setting to deliver activities
- Previous experience of working in this sector is not necessary; a keenness to learn is essential
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page.