05 November 2023
13 November 2023
Fixed term contract (1 year)
22.5 hours per week
£11.03 per hour
Dorset Mind – information officer
We're looking for an Information Officer who can provide excellent customer service when responding to enquires. You'll be able to provide information and support in a calm, clear and empathetic manner to people contacting Dorset Mind via phone and email.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Provide customers with accurate and impartial information, advice and support about mental health support and services
- Be responsible for entry points to Dorset Mind over email or phone
- Listen empathetically and provide support to callers, sometimes in emotional and stressful scenarios, and take appropriate action to support them
- Collate and maintain up-to-date signposting information in an effective and accessible format
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other mental health and third sector organisations
- Develop effective processes and set service standards for Dorset Mind’s information and advice service. • To produce case studies, collate and analyse information/data which evidence the work of the service’s reach and impact including identifying trends in the community. • To perform administrative tasks for services including but not limited to answering inquiries about services, processing referrals, data entry to an online database and collating feedback.
We're looking for someone with:
- Knowledge and understanding of the stigma associated with mental health and wellbeing challenges
- Knowledge of safeguarding practices
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications, video conferencing software, bespoke CRMs, internet search engines and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across a range of media with a focus on telephone and email interactions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, responding to any enquiry in a values-based way, promptly and effectively
- Ability to actively listen to understand, empathise, negotiate, be assertive and mediate when necessary
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Dorset Mind website.