13 October 2023
Fixed term 24 months contract with a possible extension subject to funding
35 hours per week
£25,475 per year
Doncaster Mind – supported self-help practitioner
We're looking for a supported self-help practitioner to join the team. The job will involve providing guided self-help interventions. The aim of this role is to contribute to Minds national supported self-help programme.
What you'll do
- Motivate people to engage in self-help activities.
- Offer various pathway options and promote client autonomy.
- Deliver the service as a standalone intervention.
- Assess clients and make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Identify and manage risk incidents
- Work as part of a team and on your own.
- Communicate with colleagues, volunteers, external agencies and the public.
- Carry out a range of office tasks
- Promote the concept of social inclusion, early intervention and recovery.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 12 months experience of using social care skills
- Work face-to-face with the public
- Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent level 3 qualification.
- 6 months of providing mental health/wellbeing services within a primary care setting.
- Knowledge of social care and how to support people with a range of mental health problems.
- Knowledge of the NICE guidelines.
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Doncaster Mind website.