27 September 2023
05 October 2023
At least 1 shift a week, or 2 shifts every other week
Derbyshire Mind – crisis support drop-in service volunteer
Are you welcoming, non-judgemental, and a great listener? Do you live in or near Swadlincote? Are you interested in volunteering with a really supportive organisation?
Derbyshire Mind’s successful crisis support drop-in service is coming to Ripley and Swadlincote in December 2023. Just like at the service in Buxton, these 2 new services will provide support to adults who are experiencing or nearing a mental health crisis, in a safe and welcoming non-clinical environment.
What you'll do
- Help with the smooth running of the drop-in service
- Present a warm and friendly and non-judgemental presence
- Welcome and support attendees
- Help the support workers
- Help attendees engage with calming activities
We're looking for reliable and supportive volunteers who feel passionate about helping people in need to help us.
Shifts will always include 30 minutes at the start and end of the service for setting up, tidying away, and wellbeing check-ins.
The shifts available are:
- Friday nights from 5.30pm to 11.30pm (6 hours)
- Saturday nights from 5.30pm to 11.30pm (6 hours)
- Sunday afternoons from 2.00pm to 6.00pm (4 hours)
Volunteers will also go to team meetings, and one-to-one meetings with their supervisor, once every 6 weeks.
We're looking for volunteers that can provide support for at least 1 shift per week, or 2 shifts every other week.
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Derbyshire Mind website.