22 October 2023
30 October 2023
Minimum of one shift per week or two per fortnight
Expenses paid in line with our volunteer policy
Derbyshire Mind – crisis support drop-in service volunteer
Are you welcoming, non-judgemental, and a great listener? Do you live in or near Ripley? Are you interested in volunteering with a really supportive organisation?
Derbyshire Mind’s successful Crisis Support Drop-In service is coming to both Swadlincote and Ripley in December 2023. Just like at Buxton, these two new local services will provide support to adults who are experiencing or nearing a mental health crisis in a safe and welcoming non-clinical environment.
We are looking for reliable and supportive volunteers who feel passionate about helping people in need.
What you'll do
In this role you will:
- Facilitate the smooth running of Derbyshire Mind’s Crisis Support Drop-In service in Ripley
- Present a warm and friendly and non-judgemental presence
- Help the support workers
- Offer support to help attendees engage with various calming activities
We're looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about providing a high-quality service to people experiencing distress or mental health crisis
- Is open-minded and able to see things from different perspectives
- Can build relationships with a wide range of people
- Can remain calm and professional in challenging situations
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Derbyshire Mind website.