22 October 2023
30 October 2023
Minimum of one shift per week, or two per fortnight
Expenses paid in line with our volunteer policy
High Peak, Buxton
Derbyshire Mind – crisis support drop-in service volunteer (Buxton)
Are you welcoming, non-judgemental, and a great listener? Do you live in or near Buxton? Are you interested in volunteering with a really supportive organisation? A
Derbyshire Mind’s successful High Peak Crisis Support Drop-In service at Buxton delivered in partnership with Zink provides support to adults who are experiencing or nearing a mental health crisis.
We are looking for reliable and supportive volunteers who feel passionate about helping people in need.
What you'll do
In this role you will:
- Facilitate the smooth running of Derbyshire Mind’s Crisis Support Drop-In service in Buxton
- Present a warm, friendly and non-judgmental presence
- Help the support workers
- Offer support to help attendees engage with various calming activities
We're looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about providing a high-quality service to people experiencing distress or mental health crisis
- Is open-minded and able to see things from different perspectives
- Can build relationships with a wide range of people
- Can remain calm and professional in challenging situations
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Derbyshire Mind website.