10 September 2023
18 September 2023
Part time - 22.5 hours per week
£22,200 per year
based on a full-time salary of £37,000
Royal Borough of Greenwich/ Remote
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind – Asian Counselling Service Coordinator
We're looking for an Asian Counselling Service Coordinator. To help coordinate and deliver our culturally-specific service within Greenwich. You will work directly with clients, as well as manage and supervise our team of dedicated and professional volunteer counsellors.
You will also work closely with the Clinical Leads, and other members of the clinical team.
What you'll do
- Offer culturally specific counselling sessions (minimum 8 sessions a week) including assessments and risk assessments.
- Where appropriate, provide clients with information about and signposting to, other services.
- Service coordination, including promotion of the service, management and clinical supervision of volunteer counsellors.
- Record keeping - maintaining up to date records of work. Session notes, service records
- Ensuring regular quality monitoring and data collection.
- Liaising where appropriate with other staff (internal referring or agencies including local statutory and voluntary sector professional and organisations.
- As part of the Clinical Team, to meet with, and on occasion provide ad-hoc counselling support to, door callers who may present in crisis.
- Regular liaison with the clinical Leads.
- To regularly represent the Asian Counselling Service at Clinical Team and wider staff team meetings. To keep everyone up to date with developments or issues surrounding the service.
We're looking for a highly experienced, post-qualification counsellor with experience of providing culturally-specific counselling to people from diverse communities. Particularly those from Asian backgrounds.
You will need an in-depth understanding of mental and emotional distress. Have an ability to contain, support and communicate calmly with people who are in crisis.
You must understand the importance of service monitoring and be able to produce monitoring reports. You will have a proven ability to work confidentially and within clear ethical boundaries.
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page.