16 August 2023
20 hours per week
£19,514 per year
Secondary schools in Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich
Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind – ‘Minds Up’ training manager
Raising awareness of mental health in young people has never been more important.
Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind launched its ‘Minds Up’ secondary school mental health project in September 2021.
The training programme has now reached a landmark figure – educating more than 3,000 students across our 3 boroughs.
Minds Up is a mental health awareness-raising workshop. It's delivered to every form group in each secondary school.
It's designed for full-size classes, reaching every pupil, not just those struggling with their mental health. It's interactive, inspires reflection and normalises talking about mental health.
We're looking for a new training manager to develop Minds Up across our 3 boroughs. The role is varied, and a typical week may involve building relationships with schools, writing reports, managing staff and volunteers, and running interactive sessions with the Minds Up Youth Advisory Board.
In the role, you'll:
- Deliver training workshops to secondary school pupils in years 7 to 13
- Encourage healthy debate around mental health and wellbeing
- Manage the day-to-day running of Minds Up.
- Strive to improve processes
- Use databases to produce and analyse reports
- Be well organised and adaptable, as this post will involve travel across Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich, and working hours may vary
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in schools
- Be a skilled trainer
- Be good at engaging young people
- Have a good understanding of mental health issues in children and young people.
- Be able to work in a target-driven environment
As you'll work in schools, you'll need to work every week during term time. You'll also run our Minds Up Advisory Board, once a month on Tuesdays from 4.30 until 6.30pm.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.