16 July 2023
6-15 hours per week
£14.85 per hour
Bromley and Lewisham and the Royal Borough of Greenwich
Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind - mindful mums project worker
About the role
In this role, you could make a difference by delivering support groups for new parents across Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich.
As a mindful mums project worker, you'll help deliver our 5-week perinatal wellbeing programme with our peer support volunteers.
- Provide a safe, non-judgemental space for women and birthing people to share their experiences, meet others and discuss the challenges that come during the first year of parenthood
- Be involved in all frontline aspects of the project, including training volunteers who have experience of their own perinatal mental health problems
- Help to review, monitor and evaluate the project, and share learnings from it
- Have knowledge of perinatal mental health
- Have experience of delivering groups or workshops
- Preferably have experience of working within community based or voluntary services
- Have good communication skills
- Appreciate the pressures and stresses facing women and birthing people during pregnancy and as new parents
- Be reliable, consistent, and dependable
In this role, you'll need to travel across Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich.
Groups take place during term time in school hours. You'll need to be available to deliver a full 5-week programme. Groups include:
- Pride Parents (for those who identify as LGBTQ+)
- Diversity Matters (for those from Black, Asian or Ethnic Minority backgrounds)
- Young Mums (for parents aged 16-22)
In your application, please include your preferred number of hours and the days you're available. Please also mention if you have any expertise in any of the groups we offer, like LGBTQ+ or young people.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.