09 October 2023
16 October 2023
18 hours per week
£10,782.48 per year
Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Mind – crisis recovery worker
Our Crisis Cafés offer a safe, welcoming and non-judgmental environment outside of normal working hours for those who feel in mental distress or crisis. The role will involve assessing needs and offering one to one support to service users. This will enable them to begin the process of improving their mental health and wellbeing and provide clarity on services and pathways available in the area.
The role will be part of a larger Crisis Café team made up of Crisis Recovery Workers, Crisis Peer Support Workers, a Team Manager and volunteers.
What you'll do
- Support individuals experiencing mental health crisis in central Bedfordshire
- Assess need and suitability for the service and offer one to one support
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service
- Carry out health and safety, cash handling and data responsibilities as directed by the Team Manager
We're looking for someone who has:
- Worked in a small service within a wider organisation, including delivering a service against performance targets
- Worked with, coordinated and supported volunteers
- Worked with individuals experiencing mental health and wellbeing issues
- Good knowledge of local community activities and leisure facilities
- A valid driving licence and access to a car for work
- Willingness to work towards relevant qualifications in crisis care
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Mind website.