27 October 2023
31 October 2023
3 or more hours per week
Basildon Mind – volunteers engagement lead
Basildon Mind is committed to delivering mental health and wellbeing in our local communities. We can only do this thanks to our dedicated team of volunteers, who represent more than 80% of the team.
We're looking for a self-driven volunteer to be the lead representative for all our important volunteers.
What you'll do
- Be an ambassador for our strong volunteering team
- Increase the amount of time and resources volunteers invest in our community
- Make sure our volunteering opportunities embrace diversity, equality and inclusion
- Help our volunteers get the maximum benefit from their volunteering experience
- Make sure our volunteers’ contributions are understood and recognised
- Make sure our volunteers have support and supervision
- Provide support and advice on all volunteer activities including recruitment, onboarding, induction, training and supervision,
- Help implement our volunteer framework
- Go to management meetings and the 6-monthly board meeting to provide an update
- Encourage volunteers to progress within and beyond Basildon Mind
- Experience working with a range of people, ideally including volunteer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to manage your own workload
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Basildon Mind website.