Mental health awareness - part one
Early bird rate- £199 for bookings made in excess of 4 weeks before course date.
- Standard rate - £239*
- Local Mind rate - £179
Prices include a full day's training, comprehensive training materials, refreshments and lunch. Please book early to avoid disappointment as spaces are limited. *Consession spaces are very limited and charged at £159 on a first come first served basis.
What will this course do?
This course will give you a basic understanding of mental health issues, covering a range of conditions including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and personality disorders.
The training offers a practical and commonsense approach, using a variety of learning methods including trainer-led presentations, group discussions, small group work and practical exercises.
19 June 2013, Preston
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like a better understanding of mental health problems. The course will be of particular interest to non specialists who come into contact with people with mental health problems as part of their work.
It is also of value for family or friends of people experiencing mental health problems who would benefit from information and guidance and anyone with an interest in learning more about this important and fascinating topic.
A valued and trusted trainer from our Lancashire Mind Office.
- What we mean by 'mental health problems'.
- Different models of mental health – medical/biological vs psychological and social.
- How race, culture and gender impact on our experience of mental health.
- Anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder and phobias: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support.
- Bipolar disorder and schizophrenia: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support.
- Personality disorders: general features, common themes, the different types of personality disorders, causes, treatment and support.
This one day course will run from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm with short comfort breaks in the morning and afternoon, and a one-hour lunch break.
Cotton Court Business Centre, Church Street, Preston, Lancashire PR1 3BY
Book online above via the register button or download the registration form. (Word 32KB)
Please note: booking forms received without a method of payment will not be confirmed until payment has been received.