The Mind guide to the Mental Health Act 1983
Did you know - you can read and print this booklet for free?
A clear and concise guide to current legislation, this booklet has been updated in 2012 and includes:
- an explanation of the sectioning process under easy-to-follow question headings
- examples of what the Act means in practise.
- easy-to-find information on getting discharged from a MHA section and from hospital
- a new summary of legal rights that a person has when in hospital and under detention
- information on Community Treatment Orders: what they are, what it means to be on one and how to get discharged from a CTO
- a glossary of who’s who and legal terms, with useful contacts, at the back of the booklet