Making sense of coming off psychiatric drugs
Did you know - you can read and print this booklet for free?
Many people want to come off psychiatric medication. This booklet looks at why these medicines are prescribed, the possible effects of coming off them, the best way to withdraw successfully, and how to tell the difference between withdrawal and relapse. Tackles key questions for anyone considering coming off, including:
- can I refuse medication?
- why do people have withdrawal problems?
- how well will I cope with coming off?
- what sort of support should I look for?
- what can I do to help myself?
- what about relatives and friends?
- Dr Katherine Darton