MPs to debate mental health
Posted Thursday 7 June 2012
On 14 June, MPs will be debating mental health in the main chamber of the House of Commons for the first time in many years.
Let’s make sure they’re talking about the issues that matter. Get in touch with your MP, share your experiences and let them know what they should be doing to support everybody with mental health problems
With one in four of us experiencing a mental health problem in any given year, we welcome this debate for recognising how important mental health is. But we want to make sure that it covers the issues that matter - our real life experiences.
We all need to get in touch with our MP to:
- let them know how important it is that they attend
- tell them what it’s like living with a mental health problem, using mental health services, and how it can impact on other areas of your life.
Find out more about Mind’s current campaigns:
- Welfare and benefits reform
- Crisis care
- Mental health in the workplace
- Access to talking therapies
- Stigma and discrimination