Update from Mind Cymru’s Local Engagement Project
Posted Monday 14 November 2011
The main focus in the past few months has been about making contact with groups and working with them to identify what subjects they would like to work on.
A variety of issues emerged including:
- Developing links with local minority communities
- Improving links with local benefits agencies
- Responding to proposals to move a mental health unit
- Developing links with Community Psychiatric Nurses and Social Workers
- Reviewing how drop ins work
- Developing links with local businesses
- Working with service users wanting to engage in a project to help them develop community projects of their own
- Creating stronger links with libraries and leisure centres
The next stage of the project will involve developing ideas in more detail and in a few cases groups are now in the process of developing one day engagement events.
The project ends in December and we aim to ensure that all the groups we work with makes at least one significant project step and that they also have a clear plan for work that can be continued after project ends.
If you would like to find out more about the Local Engagement Project please contact Janina Kuczys, Local Engagement Officer.