The W(ellie) Dash
They say that elephants can’t run….well we want to prove them wrong. That’s why we are challenging you to do a 100m dash on all fours wearing 4 wellies. If you want you can even dress up as an elephant too! What better way to befriend the elephant in the room.
Here’s how it works;
- Find a place to hold your event. Remember there needs to be enough room to hold the 100m dash.
- Make the race really competitive and have a representative from each hall, the chair of each society or team, someone from each department or get the exec committee to take on each other.
- To fundraise, set up an online sweepstake at Guess2Give to guess the time of the fastest finisher.
- Promote your sweepstake on your website, in the union, on the intranet and on social media.
- The person who guesses the correct or closest time is the winner, and wins the jackpot.
- If 100 people guess the jackpot could be £50, if 500 people guess the jackpot could be £250 or if 1000 people guess the jackpot would be an amazing £500!
Use the Wellie Dash to raise awareness of mental health, another way to help fight the elephant in the room. We can provide you with information about mental health, posters, leaflets and banners. It could also be a great way to promote your student counselling services.
The Wellie Gallery
We want to hear your Wellie Stories and see your Wellie Photos.