Top 10 fundraising ideas at work
- Lift toll - if you work in a high rise building introduce a 'lift toll' for the day and charge everyone a £1 each time they travel up or down in the lift. If you work in a large tower block just think how much you will raise in day.
- Fines box - set fines for people at work. You could fine them every time they mention their favourite TV programme or celebrity, or mention going to the pub! Why not provide a large supply of sweets or chocolates and fine people every time they indulge?
- Hold a non female beauty pageant - get all the men in your office to dress up as women (you will be surprised how many volunteers you get!) sell tickets for the event and let the audience be the judges. They can vote for their favourite by putting money in a collection tin labelled with the contestant's name. The one who has collected the most money wins.
- Dress down day - ask everyone to pay £2 to come to the office in casual dress, or you could have a theme e.g. a day where everyone has to wear something green.
- Sweepstake - if you are running for Mind why not organise your own sweepstake. Set up a grid of times and ask each person to bet £2, the person nearest to your race time wins £25 or a bottle of bubbly.
- Matched funding - some employers will match your fundraising total pound for pound. Make sure you ask your employer about this - it could be the easiest money you raise!
- Guess the baby competition - this is particularly good if you can get the boss involved! Get everyone in your office to bring in a baby photo and charge people £1 to guess who it is. The person with the most right wins a donated prize.
- Cake sale - this will always go down well! Bake cakes and charge people at work for a slice.
- Add your link to your signature footer - and watch the donations come in from internal and external work colleagues and suppliers.
- Sponsored headshave - you or a willing volunteer from your office gets sponsored to do a head/moustache/beard shave or a leg/chest wax.
Insipred? Sign up to fundraise for us.