Our core programmes of work 2012-2016
- Research what works in helping people at particular risk of developing mental health problems, to develop resilience and maintain their wellbeing
- Combine the best of what works into an intervention which can be delivered by local Minds and other partners
- Support this by influencing public health policy to reduce environmental risk factors for poor mental health.
- Make far more widely available information which empowers people to make their own decisions about their mental health
- Connect people with the peer support which works for them
- Support local Minds to become a leading provider of personalised services.
Improving services and support
- Campaign for the statutory sector to put the new all-ages Mental Health Strategy into practice, and commission and deliver excellent mental health services – in particular, to improve the capability of Primary Care to provide and refer to high quality services
- Help local Minds deliver excellent services and support for those in need, by developing the Mind network, fostering excellent quality standards, developing core services and providing grants.
Enabling social participation
- Tackle drivers of poor public knowledge, attitudes and behaviour, amongst adults and children/young people, to reduce the stigma and discrimination experienced by people with mental health problems, via Time to Change
- Foster opportunities for social leadership and participation by people with mental health problems, both via Time to Change and Mind’s networks
- Enable more people with mental health problems to gain the economic and social benefits of employment, via campaigning, consultancy and training.
Removing inequality of opportunity
- Campaign for and develop better services for two groups with extreme unmet need, young African-Caribbean men and vulnerable migrants, so they can access the right services at the right time
- Help other groups experiencing multiple discrimination to develop mental resilience and access culturally appropriate services and support.